Visit the contraction factory and learn all about contractions in an interactive PowerPoint or Google Slides adventure! The slides are fully animated and show how two words blend to form a contraction. This makes the correct placement of the apostrophe easy to understand and remember. Six printables (a poster, four worksheets, and a monster mouth foldable) are included to reinforce and consolidate new grammar concepts. Perfect for students in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade.
Please watch the video preview (full screen) for detailed information.
Use this pack for whole-class teaching (via Zoom or in-person), literacy centers, test prep, or review. The combination of colorful graphics, animation, sound clips, quiz-style informal assessment, and the use of personal whiteboards create a learning experience that works!
This set is incredibly versatile; use it for sub lessons or even for your formal observations. It's no-prep, click, and teach. It will save you hours and hours of prep.
Included in the zipped file:
- Contractions PowerPoint - pptx file (please open with PowerPoint software).
- Contractions Google Slides Presentation - Link in PDF will create a copy in your Google Drive. The directions in the PDF will guide you.
- Contractions Printables - PDF (1 poster, 4 worksheets, and a monster mouth foldable).
- Answer keys included
PowerPoint/Google Slides Information:
- Fully animated no-prep presentation; just click and teach!
- Introduction to contractions - Welcome to the Contraction Factory!
- Fully animated examples of contractions – Watch and Learn!
- Create contractions - Monsters and Whiteboards.
- Match contractions with words - Contraction Matcher Machine.
- Create contractions - Contraction Maker Machine.
- Decode contractions - Contraction Breaker Machine.
- Create contractions - Contraction Spinner Machine.
- Write about photos using contractions – Contractions Photo Fun!
- Independent work - Replace the underlined words with contractions.
Students are encouraged to use their whiteboards during the lesson.
Printables Information (PDF):
- Four worksheets
- One poster
- One monster mouth foldable
More Contractions Products:
Important Technical Information:
- Always unzip and save the files before opening the PowerPoint or printing the PDF pages.
- Remember to open the PowerPoint file with PowerPoint software and The Google Slides file with Google Slides software.
Updated Ju8ne 2021
Created by Lindy du Plessis, © 2014/2021
Single classroom license. Commercial use is not allowed.