“We barely have ANY time for grammar, this is the perfect resource—gets right to the point and solid lessons!” - Courtney’s Collections
Grammar is one of those subjects that’s so important for kids to understand, but somehow, it just never feels like there’s enough time to teach and prep activities for it. Thanks to this bundle, your students can become excellent grammarians in just 10 minutes a day! I designed the activities to use the same set of instructions so you don’t use up valuable teaching time telling your students how to complete the work.
This mini-curriculum is truly ready-to-use for the entire year! It has an entire year’s worth of grammar activities for 3rd grade. Yes, really. This bundle has everything you need to teach, practice, and assess 32 weeks of skills, including review weeks to ensure your students master these skills. Again, I designed each activity to take only 10 minutes a day and require instructions only one time. Teaching grammar to your students couldn’t be any easier. Best of all, you won’t have to answer “Wait a minute—what’s a noun, again?” halfway through the year (or more). Your students will get it!
This bundle is a HUGE value! If you were to purchase each of the individual weekly sets it would cost $96! The resource has well over 800 pages of materials including task cards, mini-lessons, interactive notebook foldables and flaps, and assessments with answer keys. I’ve organized everything into separate units and skills. It has everything (aside from notebooks and glue) your students will need.
How It Works
For each unit, I’ve included a weekly schedule and supporting materials.
- Monday: Teach a mini-lesson using the included PowerPoint. Teachers AND students love it, because it’s engaging and calls for lots of student participation.
- Tuesday: Practice the skill using the included Interactive Notebook activity. The cuts are fast, and the activities are simple.
- Wednesday: Apply the grammar skill with a quick writing prompt.
- Thursday: Practice the skill using a task card scoot that lets your students move around—a great way to increase learning!
- Friday: Assess skills with the provided assessment tool. The assessment is short and includes an answer key.
Included in each of the weekly sets:
- Detailed teacher directions with a recommended schedule
- Mini-lesson PowerPoint presentation
- Student notebook activity
- Student writing activity
- 24 task cards with a recording sheet and answer key! (*Irregular plurals, subject & predicate and addresses only have 16 task cards due to their length.)
- Assessment with an answer key
You will have a total of:
- 32 mini-lesson PowerPoints
- 32 student notebook activities
- 32 writing activities
- 32 sets of task cards
- 32 assessments
- Common and Proper Nouns
- Concrete and Abstract Nouns
- Possessive Nouns
- Verb Tenses
- Irregular Past Tense Verbs
- Helping Verbs
- Linking Verbs
- Unit 2 Review
- Comparative and Superlative Adverbs and Adjectives
- Subject & Predicate
- Subject & Verb Agreement
- Pronoun & Antecedent Agreement
- Simple & Compound Sentences
- Capitalizing Titles
- Unit 3 Review
- Multiple Meaning Words
- Shades of Meaning
- Dictionary Skills (Entry and Guide Words)
- Unit Four Review
Also Included as Bundle Bonuses
- Grammar Pacing Guide
- ELA Pacing Guide
- Task Card Labels
- Student Notebook Covers
- Teacher Binder Cover & Spine
- Easy Print Files: These files have all of the same components (such as task cards) in one file. This makes it easier to print and prep the entire bundle without having to open every unit.
Please look at the preview to see what’s included. If you want to see even more, click over to the individual sets for additional pictures.
I also have this resource in a digital version! Click HERE to check it out.