Also included in
This writing bundle includes everything you need to teach opinion, informational, and narrative writing with your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders. Differentiated posters, graphic organizers, and supports geared towards Grades 1-3 will provide your students the tools they need to become strong writers. A$20.00$29.50Save $9.50
This is a must have resource for your opinion writing unit! Differentiated opinion writing posters, opinion writing graphic organizers, and writing supports geared towards Grades 1-3 will provide your students the tools they need to become strong writers.
Please take a look at the product preview for a closer look!
All materials are thoughtfully aligned to the ELA Common Core Standards for Grades 1-3. The grade 1 materials included in this resource focus on developing 1 reason to support an opinion. Grades 2-3 focus on giving 2 or 3 reasons. However, all materials can be used in either grades to differentiate for your struggling and high writers.
- Posters (Color or B&W): "What is an Opinion?" with examples, Sentence Starters (for Opening, Reasons, and Closing) O.R.E.O and O.R.E.R.E.O Opinion Writing
- Graphic Organizers: From brainstorming to writing, these graphic organizers are supports that break down opinion writing in a visual way for students. Multiple options are included for writing about 1, 2 or 3 reasons, as well as 3 reasons with examples.
- Writing Checklists: These checklists are helpful reminders for students while opinion writing. They are included to print as a full page or mini checklists (4/page).
- Color Coding: Students color code opinion writing examples by opening, reason(s), and closing. Each passage is included with either 1, 2, or 3 reasons.
- "Stick to the Topic": Students cut and glue strong reasons that clearly support the topic. These are included for finding 1, 2 or 3 reasons.
- Opinion Writing Prompt Sheets: These 10 writing prompts come with visual supports for students. Primary line or regular line options are both included.
- Opinion Writing Journal: This journal comes with 32 prompts for students to cut and glue into their journals. The journal is included as a half page or full page option, as well as different rule-width options for writing paper. The prompts included can either be used in a journal or on their own.
- Additional Resources: Opinion Writing Thought Bubbles (for displaying writing on a bulletin board), Extra Writing Prompts, Free-Writing Paper, and Answer Keys
This product is discounted as part of the Writing Bundle for Grades 1-3!
More Writing Goodies: