Reading Fluency Passages and Comprehension Questions 1st Grade
What educators are saying
Also included in
Do you want a full year's worth of reading comprehension and reading fluency resources? These ready-to-use, no-prep reading resources include reading fluency and comprehension passages, paired texts, close reading, and reading comprehension strategies that you can use throughout the whole school yePrice $120.00Original Price $171.50Save $51.50
Save over 20% by buying the reading fluency and comprehension bundle! You will get 150 reading fluency and comprehension passages at the first through fifth grade level, (75 fiction and 75 nonfiction). Each passage is leveled and falls between 250L to 970L. All passages have between 145 and 281 wPrice $48.00Original Price $75.00Save $27.00
These first grade fluency and comprehension passages contain 30 ready-to-print passages (15 fiction and 15 nonfiction). Each leveled reading fluency passage is in the 250 to 520 range and has between 145 and 216 words. Use the comprehension questions to assess understanding after the students read the passage!
*UPDATE* You can now share this with your students digitally!
This resource was created using Google Forms. You must have a Google email for use. Each passage can be assigned in Google Classrooms. It is ideal for distance learning. I also include the print file so you can have a physical copy of the pages when you are back in school with your students.
Each passage contains five components -
- A teacher passage with numbered columns and a chart to record words correct and errors daily.
- A student passage that has a larger font for the students to read off of while you record on the teacher's sheet.
- A reading comprehension sheet that contains three questions in a short answer format. This would be perfect for any reading interventions (RTI) you are conducting in your classroom.
- Graphs for the students to record their cold and hot read in blue or red so they can keep track of their progress.
- A weekly parent reading log will help parents practice and record the fluency passage practice at home.
For sample Reading Fluency Passages, click HERE
This resource is also available for
Below are the titles of the passages, level, and word count.
• The Farm - 260L - 158 Words
• The Circus - 270L - 155 Words
• Exercise! - 320L - 145 Words
• The House that is Haunted - 360L - 168 Words
• Yellow Fish Orange Fish - 370L - 167 Words
• I Want to be Me - 370L - 189 Words
• Cory the Frog - 400L - 196 Words
• My Friends at the Zoo - 410L - 155 Words
• The Waterhole - 410L - 181 Words
• A Fun Day - 420L - 164 Words
• The Boy in the Forest - 440L - 210 Words
• Little Tommy Tucker - 440L - 155 Words
• Ryan Ray - 450L - 163 Words
• Good Morning - 470L - 167 Words
• Listen - 520L - 148 Words
• Stars - 330L - 151 Words
• Insects - 360L - 157 Words
• The Planet Mars - 370L - 155 Words
• Feathers - 390L - 155 Words
• Bats - 410L - 152 Words
• The Planet Saturn - 420L - 148 Words
• The Planet Jupiter - 440L - 144 Words
• The Moon - 460L - 170 Words
• The Planets Uranus and Neptune - 460L - 147 Words
• The Planet Venus 460L - 151 Words
• Insect Defense - 470L - 149 Words
• Ants - 490L - 150 Words
• The Planet Mercury - 500L - 145 Words
• Space Rocks - 500L - 158 Words
• Nests - 510L - 158 Words
Click here to follow me and be notified when I have sales and list new products.