Biography Genre Study: Social Justice Activists
What educators are saying
This engaging, NO PREP, unit is perfect for teaching biographies to middle school (and even high school) students. It's designed with PRINT and editable DIGITAL resources, allowing it to be used seamlessly both in person and remote learning environments. .
This unit contains 5 original biographies focusing on social justice activists. This unit contains...
- An Introduction to Biography Genre SLIDES presentation which addresses the following concepts:
- What is a biography?
- What are the common elements of a biography?
- Why do we read biographies?
- Five biographies, presented in both an interactive digital format as well as in a print format.
- Reflective questions for students to test their knowledge
- Self-correcting Google form quizzes (as well as in a print format)
- Comprehension Activity pages including: biography graphic organizer, vocabulary work, main message, cause/effect
- Student Response sheets designed to prompt students to think beyond the text.
- The digital version of Student Response sheets contain sentence stems to help students who may need a little extra help.
This unit is perfect as a 2-3 week genre study. Alternatively, each biography can be taught as a standalone, 2-3 day lesson. It's great for substitute plans too!
Other resources you might like:
Be the first to know about new products, freebies and discounts!
Look for the green star next to our profile picture and click it to become a follower.
Save on future TPT purchases!
Please go to your “My Purchases” page. Next to each purchase, you’ll see a
Leave A Review button. When you click it, you’ll be able to provide a rating and a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
We really appreciate your feedback. It helps us know if we’re meeting our goals.
Julie and Mark
In The Middle Curriculum