This all-inclusive printable intervention resource is perfect for kindergarten and first grade students to practice phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, and phonics during small group instruction.
It was designed to help you structure your small group or RTI block with minimal effort and maximum benefit for you and your students. Teachers appreciate the skills-based activities and minimum prep, while students love the varied engaging activities.
Consider this your go-to strategies pack with over 20 different activities to draw from the given tools found within.
You will also note that this pack combines Kindergarten and 1st grade Common Core Standards. All pertain to phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, and phonics and support the science of reading. They go hand-in-hand as you increase your students’ ability to hear, recognize, and manipulate phonemes. These skills lend themselves to decoding, which is another piece incorporated into this pack through a variety of CVC word cards.
- Ready to Learn Student Posters and Mini Posters (4 total)
- Phonological Awareness with Silly Sentences (2 activity suggestions)
- 50 CVC Words (8 flashcards per word | 10 activity suggestions)
- 20 CVC Small Picture Tiles (3 activity suggestions)
- 90 CVC Real and Nonsense (silly) Words (4 activity suggestions)
- 10 CVC Real and Nonsense (silly) Fluency Word Lists (1 data tracking sheet)
Download the preview for free to see a glimpse of what's inside!
Common Core Standards Addressed:
- RF.K.2a Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- RF.K.2c Blend/segment onsets and rimes of single syllable words
- RF.K.2d Isolate and produce initial/medial/final sounds in CVC words
- RF.K.2e Add or subtract individual phonemes in 1-syllable words to make new words
- RF.K.3a Letter-sound Correspondence
- RF.1.2b Blending phonemes
- RF.1.2c isolate and produce initial/medial/final sound
- RF.1.2d Segmenting words
- RF.1.3b Decode regularly spelled one-syllable words.
♥︎Teachers will love how easy these activities are to incorporate into an intervention or RTI lesson and the results they see in their students.
♥︎Students will love the variety of activities used to help them practice phonics skills so that they can move onto become readers and writers!
What teachers are saying about this resource...
"This was exactly what I needed for my first graders that need more support with their phonics skills. The blending cards have been a hit and the guess which sound is missing. Great resource to continue using and supporting my phonics instruction with." - Katie L.
"This product is a comprehensive resource full of engaging lessons & materials! It is very thorough and easy to use. It has been a life saver for me!" - Amy F.
Looking for more RTI curriculum? Check out the resources below!
★Don't forget to follow me on TpT!★ This is a great way to be the first to know when I post a new resource - often at a discounted rate for the first 48 hours! Plus, you'll get updates when I have sales, and receive weekly notes with fun freebies, activities, and tips!