High School Entrepreneurship: Create Your Own Business and Start It
What educators are saying
Also included in
This bundle includes project-based learning lesson plans that focus on resume builders for high school students.All projects project experiences are student-directed. Students design and lead their resume-building project experiences while you facilitate.Because you aren't planning and teaching lessPrice $22.93Original Price $32.75Save $9.82
Are you looking for practical and real-world high school career education resources that will prepare students for life beyond high school? Are you required to include college career ready high school curriculum, vocational education, and/or technical education this year, but aren't sure where to stPrice $31.00Original Price $38.75Save $7.75
This high school entrepreneurship resource guides students through the process of not only creating their own businesses but starting and managing them as well!
The materials included in this high school entrepreneurship resource guide students through the process of developing:
- A business idea
- A business plan
- A marketing plan
- A business website
- A spreadsheet for managing business operations
Developing business ideas and writing business plans are profound learning experiences in themselves that include a variety of content-building opportunities and 21st-century skill-building, but actually starting the businesses adds even more:
- and more!
College and career readiness require learning that is real and meaningful. Students use the content knowledge and skills gained from this experience and apply it to their lives in an impactful and tangible way.
This high school businesses resource includes:
- Teacher guide - The teacher guide includes a project description and an implementation guide.
- Create your own business project description and business portfolio checklist
- High school businesses brainstorming tools
- Guiding materials for market research
- Business proposal template
- Business operations spreadsheet template - This template includes a variety of spreadsheets related to business operations including business budget.
- Business plan checklist
- Business plan outline templates
- Guiding materials for building business websites
- Business plan rubric
- Business portfolio (overall project) rubric
This experience is a great summer resume builder, an awesome way to make some extra cash, and deepens the learning experience astronomically.
Timeframe: The 1-month timeframe is based on how long it will take for students to develop their businesses. This timeframe does not include launching and running businesses. How long businesses run beyond the development phase is up to each individual student.
NOTE: This resource includes a PDF printable version and a digital Google Slides version. The resource is not editable at this time.
This resource is included in the following bundles:
Check out other resources relevant to this one:
Check out these blog posts for additional assistance with this resource:
- How to Teach High School Entrepreneurs How to Build and Operate Their Own Businesses - This blog post offers tips and suggestions for implementing this resource
- Top 10 Favorite Resume Builders for High School Students
Looking for free resources that go well with this resource?
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star to get email notifications about updates, new resources, sales, and freebies.
- Join my newsletter.
- Find me on my blog – Experiential Learning Depot
- Let's get social! Experiential Learning Depot on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - [email protected]
Cover Font Credit: Mr FISK Fonts